Monday, June 7, 2010

Counting down the days...

YES, I am counting down the days to two big days for me...

First is my anniversary here in the U.S. Second is my 6th month of marriage! =)

Honestly I am having mixed emotions on the first one while the second one certainly happy about it!

In about a week or so these two days are happening back to back and it makes me anxious at the same time excited / happy. I think what makes me really anxious is the fact that it'll be 4 years since I left the Philippines and everything that's familiar to me (family, friends, home, comforts, etc.). I am now posted with some big questions in my mind...

1. What has America made out of me?
2. What have I done to better myself in those four years? ( What have I made out of myself?)
3. Do I have regrets and what do I regret about?
4. If there is something I could change what would it be?
5. To wrap all that up, WAS IT WORTH IT???

There had been nights when I was up late beside my husband thinking. It feels like I am desperately seeking for answers to those questions and although at times I think I am closing to my answers, accepting the painful parts and answers are the hardest to swallow.

I have not lived all those four years like a princess. For most part of it God knows what I had to do to survive and thrive. The almost 6 months I've been married is the happiest I've ever been that I can think about for all those four years and I am really grateful for that.

My life has turned out to be a cliche of many cliches... no pain, no gain. no guts, no glory. There's a rainbow after the storm? I guess this is what Google's made for! Browsing.....

Search in progress...


"But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth. "
Umberto Eco



" Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."

-James Dean-


"I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. "
Alice Roosevelt Longworth

It hurts to love someone and not be loved in return, but what is the most painful is to love someone and never find the courage to let the person know how you feel.



I can just go on and on reading quote after quote and nothing could change the fact that I'll find each one of them relevant to me in the last four years!

This is what's meant by being older, you have to be wiser and better wise beyond your years but not everybody gets that. The ups and downs of life makes us and breaks us but at the end of the day we are what we have made and believed ourselves to be.

Hopefully I come up with my answers in the days to come =)

Have a good one friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment