Friday, July 16, 2010

Time You Thief!

It's been another week and it caught me by surprise!

It seemed like it just snuck up on me like a thief in the night. That said I remember that cliche that says something like "Time you thief..." and oh add a biblical phrase that goes like "...it will come like a thief in the night.."

My week had been very interesting with my birthday celebration, my husband's grandpa in the hospital, my grandma not doing good, studying for my licensing exam, running errands, making crafts, cooking and cleaning =) All of these things mentioned, I told my husband awhile ago that I haven't done much this week. I feel that there's so much work to be done in general and often times I ask myself "where did all the time go?"

I think I will go crazy if I try to account for every minute of my life that I have either used wisely, lost and/or wasted away. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who share in this sentiment. There had been times when I thought I had a surplus of time only to find out that I didn't get to finish a task and only if I had 5 more minutes or so I would have finished but oh it's just too late. Regret follows and frustration comes hand in hand unfortunately.

I remember my folks used to tell me to always use my time and resources wisely because they are valuable and unlike a music record that I can rewind, I can't rewind/turn back time and resources wasted. However here is where the NOW matters because you realize that if you don't act now then not only did you waste time before now but as well as your now which adds up to more time wasted later on.

The point is, I have to make things count and account for my time that way I can feel that I am able to achieve things for myself and make myself happier.

I am not very sure why I ended up writing about time but I guess it's all because I feel pressured somehow that I haven't studied as much as I could have this week. One thing for sure, I can change my habits and manage my time better in the future that way I don't look back and say to myself that I wasted more time for nothing.

If I have the power to turn back time I will go back to when I was in college and harness my full potential as a student, friend, sister to my siblings and daughter to my parents.

If I have the power to fast forward time, I would put it to a first Christmas with my and my husband's family with our kids =)

If I have the power to freeze time, it would be at a time when both my husband's and my family are at their prime successes.

I guess this is a good point to keep in mind : Time is precious, make it count.

It's weekend and it's time to relax and unwind a little bit with my husband =) That doesn't mean wasting time because spending time with your husband and loved ones is very important and making every time spent with them count.

I truly miss my family back home and I regret that when I was back home I didn't make it all count so much because I thought I had time. Such a hard and painful way to learn a valuable lesson in life but those are the ones that count the most! =)

Have a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment