Friday, March 12, 2010

Do men care?

Thank God it's FRIDAY! =)

I sure am happy that it's been another week of a wonderful marriage and I can never trade that for anything in this world! I haven't got any plans for the weekend but I sure want to spend some quality time with my husband and relax... perhaps ride our bicycles sometime.

It's almost unbelievable that this week is coming to an end and we'll officially "spring forward" over the weekend! How time flies! I can't wait to smell the flowers and see them bloom. Oh such colors and life and fragrance and sunshine and abundance!

California of course is nice all year long and they say it doesn't really get terribly cold here but I disagree and that scares me! It scares me because if winter here is cold enough for me how much more the really cold places where there's snow and hail and frost?

I remember my husband laughing at me some months ago because I was all wrapped up in layers of clothes under our blankets inside our apartment that has central heating system! He couldn't believe how cold I was! hahahaha! But what I really liked about being cold is that he cared enough to crank up the heater and hug me to keep me warm. Get this he was my boyfriend still that time! Sweet huh?

I am sharing this because just in case some guys or boyfriends or husbands happen to be reading this, girls/ women like their man to care and be sensitive enough to their needs. Of course be able to draw the line between needy and need! =)

Few nights ago, my husband and I went out to get some groceries and while driving home we happen to have talked about "caring/sensitivity/ taking care of each other." Women would often complain that their man or partners just don't care for many things they (women) feel are important in their relationships. A simple example would be men think that if they shower, shave and wear some clothes they have already shown that they care enough to clean themselves. They seldom or never, in most cases, would go an extra mile like how we women would put on make up, perhaps go to the parlor and pick out some sexy clothes to keep our man happy, interested and drooling over us!

My husband has his shares of being a man. There would be times when I'd find myself wondering how or why can he not care? (well, for whatever particular thing I was engaged in at that moment) I'd get myself in that loop and if I am not fast enough to snap out of it, it starts to eat me up and I'm frustrated!

It helps to experience it one time and talk about it with your husband/ partner. I am quite lucky that my husband is very patient with me when I break out in to one of my "moments" (this is when I'm not able to snap out of my loop). After we communicate our needs and frustrations then the solutions come.

This kind of frustration/s will happen over and over in a relationship and it can be exhausting to the point that it consumes you. The best remedy I've found so far is that every time you feel like you're getting to that point or loop as I call it, think back of that time it happened and review your lesson : "Men don't go the extra mile." When I start rewinding the last time I was in that loop, I often end up smiling or even laughing at how this pathetic difference between a man and woman can drive us equally crazy!

Mind you , men think we (women ) overly go an extra mile while we think they (men) never go an extra mile!

It's crazy enough that we have differences so don't make it harder on any one of you. Talk /communicate. Nothing beats a good, level-headed and loving conversations!

Happy Spring everyone!

1 comment: