Monday, March 8, 2010

Pizza Sunday


I'm sorry I missed my journal yesterday but I sure did enjoy my Sunday with my husband =)

We had late lunch and that pizza came out better than I expected it to. It started with craving for pizza then all of a sudden there was like a bubble of memory that popped in my brain somewhere! I thought I'd try to copy that pizza I ate with my family one time when I was still back home (Philippines) some years ago. It was sort of like a barbeque flavored pizza with chicken and the rest I can't even remember! hahahaha!

This is how my pizza came out and so far it was very tasty. My husband kept coming back for more! I did too!

Let me share with you the recipe I used for the pizza crust =)



1 packet of active dry yeast
1/2 cup warm water (about 120 degrees)
1 tsp sugar
1 cup flour + 1/4 (for kneading and dusting)
pinch of salt
1 tbsp olive oil
cornmeal

Activate the yeast by placing it in a mixing bowl large enough to hold all your ingredients. Add sugar and water and whisk or stir with a fork. Let stand for about 5 minutes.

The mixture will be nice and frothy. If not, restart. That means your yeast is dead, old or not active anymore. Water shouldn't be too hot either because it will kill your yeast. Just think of burning yourself with very hot water. Sugar on the other hand serves as food for your yeast to activate and bloom =)

Add the remaining ingredients EXCEPT your spare 1/4 cup flour and cornmeal. That's for later when you start kneading your pizza dough or if the mixture is too sticky to handle.

Knead your dough for about 5-7 minutes. Your dough will be very smooth and your muscles all worked up. Spray the sides and bottom of your bowl with cooking spray and place dough back and cover with a damp towel or cling wrap. Let the dough rise until it's double in size.

Dust your work surface with the combination of flour and cornmeal. Cornmeal helps give a crispy finish to your pizza crust.

Punch your dough down the surface and flatten with rolling pin. Shape it however you want.

GO CRAZY WITH YOUR TOPPINGS =)

Bake at 450 degrees for about 15-20 minutes for not so thin but not so thick crust or until the edges are golden brown.

Bon Appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment