Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Hey Stranger!

I ran late this morning going to the Montessori but amazingly I got there just before 9 a.m. so I was still on time! =)

We had a new student and boy all he did was cry and point at the door. He reminded me of my first day is school many years ago. My parents enrolled me in a Chinese school close by our home and I remember my mom throwing candies through the windows! ahhahaha! My classmates were singing a Chinese song and mind you a part of that song is the only thing I remember up until now as memory of being in that school! Oh one more thing I remember was my seatmate (a guy from class) who put his finger inside a sharpener we bought at the bookstore over lunch that landed him in the clinic after his finger got stuck inside the sharpener and bled!

Constantly the new boy would burst into tears and cry out loud in the middle of our activities. It was so heartbreaking but at the same time disturbing for the other kids. Oh first days! They're the strangest days you could ever have! Anyhow, he was only attending for half day and I felt so happy to see that he was slowly getting the hang of it as his day in the Montessori neared its end.

A little before 11 a.m., we all headed at the backyard to play and everybody was just excited. That was the only place they could shout and scream to their hearts content and run around and be free all they like. Once again I felt so alive to be with them playing, giggling, smiling, chatting and plunging into a little kids fantasy.

At some point, my co-teacher and I learned that our new Chinese boy doesn't understand a single English word, just Mandarin. I thought to myself "that's terrible... that's probably the reason why he just went on a crying spree today because he doesn't understand a single word we're saying aside from the fact that everything and everybody is strange for him." Poor kid =(

On the up note, I am sharing this part of my day realizing how many strange things happen to us every single day. They may range from small to big things as well as minor to some serious ones but no matter what at the end of the day the only thing that matters is how we rose to the occasion and survived our days! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment