Thursday, May 20, 2010

Paper Butterflies =)


I kept thinking of how I can make our bedroom look cozier for months but I just can't think of any until I made these beautiful paper butterflies! =)

Of course it takes patience and effort to make them! I spent a good number of hours from figuring out what I wanted, learning how to do it and executing the project itself. You'll find different ways of folding your paper to make butterflies and to this date I've tried three ways and you simply have to find the one you like. Youtube is a very good resource on learning how to make origami butterflies.

After I've folded all the butterflies I wanted, I attached them using a glue gun in a twist wire with clear plastic coating so that it's almost invisible when I mount it on the wall. The twist wire makes it possible for you to make crazy patterns out of your butterflies=) I just used construction paper for my butterflies. Make different sizes and colors or decorate your butterflies. It's a fun project and you don't need to spend a lot to make them. Practice making butterflies using newspaper or weekly ads and paint them.

Application of the paper butterflies are endless too! Yesterday I gave a friend some brownies in a plastic container and to make it look pretty I topped it with a butterfly and a note. It makes ordinary look extraordinary.

Be creative and explore =)



No comments:

Post a Comment