Friday, May 14, 2010

Tweak!


I like to try different things and this is one that came out from a photo I tweaked. It looks good I thought and although people will have many different opinions about this photo, I am happy enough that I learned the art behind it. I can certainly get better given more time and opportunity to explore in this area however I seem to have problems with getting focused on certain things sometimes like arts.

There are so many interesting mediums and art forms and the artist in me just wanted to plunge into anything that has color, form, beauty, uniqueness and characteristic to it. I must say when I was back in the Philippines I was already very interested in arts and crafts and when I got here in the U.S. all the more I got interested in it only if I had the time, money and energy to really focus on it!

Photography is a unique art in itself and it's a very good way of self expression whether you are the model or photographer or the editor of the picture. It's a lucrative hobby and specialized but there's no harm in trying it with your home camera and using some free software (picnik.com is what I use) to enhance your pictures. That way you get the taste of it like a dry run to see if it's something you would like to pursue and turn into a business someday.

Personally, I don't think I have the means to focus on photography this time but it's nice to know that it's an avenue that is available for me if I wanted it. If anything , DON'T BE AFRAID TO TRY THINGS because you might lose a little bit but in the long run the experience you gained out of trying will be with you forever to cherish =)

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment