Monday, May 3, 2010

Quick Apron =)


Recycling had been a hobby of mine lately and like I said it's just so much fun to be able to create something useful and wonderful out of trash! =) It's addicting!

I made this apron out of old vinyl shower curtain liner or just an old vinyl shower curtain or the vinyl table cloth will do too. The straps were made out of my old shirt that because it's all faded and worn out my husband asked me not to wear any more! ahhahahha! Why throw them when you can still use them in another way?! You can make about 12 kiddie aprons from an 70X72 shower curtain liner and perhaps around 6 adult sized ones, depends on the style and the size of apron you're making. I just used glue gun to make a fold up on the neckline for the chord to go around the neck and used a hole puncher for the sides to put in the side chords. The fun part is decorating your apron afterwards.

You can make this in less than 10 minutes if you have all the materials on hand. Something useful, recycled, cheap and easy to make =)

I thought of this project out of my desperation to come up with aprons for the kids I teach in the Montessori. You can just imagine the mess when we all plunge to our art time! =) Personally that is my most favorite part of our day, not to mention the messiest part as well! I guess the messier it is, the more fun we all have =)

Have a great day!

Don't forget to IMAGINE, CREATE AND DREAM! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment