Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Trash to Bash!


This is an empty bottle of soft soap that I painted on and turned into a beautiful soap dispenser.

I volunteer at a local Montessori close by and I thought of turning this old, boring piece of trash to many into a working piece of art to replace the one we have that the kids battle with everyday. We do have a nice soap dispenser at the Montessori but the kids always have a hard time with the pump that came along with it because it's hard to pump out soap. It's funny to watch them battle with it everyday but I guess it's time to make it easier on them with this piece of art I made. This way we can promote recycling as well =)

This is a fun little project to make with your kids, friends or just by yourself. It squeezes out the creative juices you have in you and by all means you can produce a design that matches your home motif.

I used plastic paint to paint on the surface of the empty soft soap dispenser. I tried peeling the labels off but boy it was a pain! Then I found out by painting another one that you can just go ahead and paint over the labels however make sure you prime it with a black plastic paint, let it dry then you can paint anything on top. That way the writings on the labels don't show up in your design.

I hope you try this little project and have fun with it. You can paint on any empty bottle as you please and turn it into a working piece of art! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment